If you like soft and chewy, THIS POST IS FOR YOU. Vanilla coconut almond macaroons smushed into cookies and graced with chocolate chips. Could you ask for anything more? Who could ask for anything more!
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (if you want to keep this a “raw” recipe, sub here with goji berries)
- Pulse almonds in a nut grinder until chunky flour-like consistency. Do not overdo it. It should be just before a fine grain.
- Using your hands, mix almond “flour” with coconut flakes, coconut oil, syrup, and vanilla. Lastly, combine in the chocolate chips.
- On a parchment paper-lined sheet, form 12 small macaroon-type balls, and then pat down into cookie shapes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm (if you can wait that long! I ate some of the “dough”). OOOOOH, BOY, these are tasty.