Chicken nuggets, meet Tofu Coconut-ggets.
- 3 tablespoons grated coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered yellow mustard spice
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger spice
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic spice
- 1 package extra-firm non-GMO tofu, drained, pressed, and cut into triangles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, and spices.
- Spread coconut on a shallow bowl or plate.
- Dip the tofu in the liquid mixture until each side is covered, then dredge in the coconut until evenly coated. Place tofu on a non-stick baking sheet. (TIP: if your coconut is getting too sticky, wash off the plate and add fresh coconut shreds. You can work with the coconut 1 tablespoon at a time.)
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the “nuggets” begin to get golden brown.
- Optional: serve with a raw spinach salad and brown rice or quinoa.