I don’t want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need… but it’s a secret 😉 What’s YOURS? Whatever it is you want this season, it will go well with my Holiday Kale Salad!
- 1 bunch kale, washed and stemmed
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (I used frozen, which cooks quickly. If you are not using frozen, please roast or cook in boiling water first.)
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 pears, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Cook the cranberries and cauliflower covered for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow the cranberries to get juicy. This will help cook your other vegetables.
- Add in kale and squash. Cover with lid, and allow to cook for 10 minutes on medium-low, stirring occasionally.
- While those ingredients are cooking, mix your diced pears and celery with olive oil and balsamic. Allow to sit until needed.
- Once the kale mix is all cooked, allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Finally, mix the kale mix with the celery/pear mix and toss.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate until chilled.