Yea, that’s hot. Gluten-free, vegan pizza pockets with nutritional value? I mean, c’mon! I think you will likeyyy….
For the Dough-
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup garbanzo and fava bean flour
- 1-1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
For the Filling-
- 1 cup Daiya mozzarella shreds
- 1 cup of your most-favourite tomato sauce ever! Ever ever, getting back together! No, we are never ever ever ever getting back together! T. Swift’s new song may or may not be stuck in my head.
- Pour chia seeds in a bowl with 1/4 cup warm filtered water with the honey and allow to sit for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Combine buckwheat, garbanzo/fava, quinoa, and cornmeal flours in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the olive oil, vinegar, and chia seed mix that has been sitting for at least an hour.
- Blend until soft, allow dough to settle for 15 minutes, and then form into a ball.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place parchment paper on a pizza pan and lightly grease.
- Press the dough ball into a flat rectangular shape, and split it into 2 even pieces that are about 3 inches wide and 1 centimeter thick.
- Then on 1 of the dough pieces, spread tomato sauce topped with your cheese.
- Place the other dough piece on top of the decorated one accordingly, per the pictures below!
- Note: wrap your extra dough in saran wrap and freeze to make pizza later, or to make more “That’s Hot” Pockets.. duh.
- Using your fingers, delicately close the edges of the pockets by moulding the dough together.
- Optional: sprinkle with basil and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place the pocket in the oven for 25 minutes. Place under the broiler for an additional minute.
- Remove from oven, slice width-wise into smaller pieces, and enjoy!