Just read on…
Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats (I suggest either old-fashioned or quick-cooking).
- 1 banana (no green on the peel, please!)
- 1-1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pour 1 cup almond milk, raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a pot over the stove on high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the oats and reduce heat to low.
- Stir twice and allow oats to cook for several minutes. (The amount of time depends on the type of oats you use. Old Fashioned will take about 7-8 minutes, while Quick Cooking only takes about 2 or 3 minutes.)
- Chop up banana, and add to oatmeal.
- Add in remaining 1/4 cup almond milk, cover pot, and allow to sit over low heat for 1 minute.
- Add in maple syrup, and stir/mash the mixture, so the banana becomes chunky but mushy.
- Finally, add in the walnuts, stir, turn the heat off, and allow to sit covered for 3 minutes.
- Serve warm. mmmmm!!! Literally. mmmmm!!!!!
(I just noticed my Brita is in the background of most of these photos LOL. Yay environment.) Go breakfast go!!