Craving a big bite out of a nice sandwich? Me too. It happens to the best of us. While most often I go for my almond butter and blackberry option, sometimes, I use eggplant as bread and go for this vegetable-friendly paradise:
- 2 long slices of washed eggplant, 1/4 inch thick each
- 1 washed tomato, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 pieces of lettuce of your choice
- Yellow mustard to taste
Makes 1 sandwich.
- Place eggplant pieces under the broiler for 2 minutes, then remove and cool.
- Stack your tomato, avocado, lettuce, and mustard on the first piece of eggplant just as you would if you were making something along the lines of a BLT.
- Top with the second piece of eggplant.
- Cut in half, and enjoy your veggies, foodie friends!! Will you try tricking your mind into believing you’re eating a real sandwich?