I ate my parfait for dessert yesterday and then made another one for lunch today. I almost felt sinful devouring it — it’s THAT good! Yet THAT healthy! Oh, the joys of cooking for our hearts…
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup hemp seed
- Half cup safflower oil *Side note: not only is safflower oil perfect for high heat cooking, but the health benefits also include reducing cholesterol, strengthening the immune system, and eliminating excess fat in the body. Winning.
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup washed blueberries
- 1 cup washed raspberries
- 3 cups cultured vanilla almond milk yogurt
Directions for Homemade Granola:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix syrup, safflower oil, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in dry oats and hemp seed.
- Spread a thin layer of granola mixture onto a non-stick pan, and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove, mix granola up to prevent burning, and put back in the oven for additional 12 minutes.
- Turn oven off, and allow granola to cool/harden for 30 minutes minimum.
Directions for Parfait:
- In 4 tall glasses, layer 2 spoonfuls of yogurt, granola, and berries, twice.
- Eat with a spoon.
- YUMMO!!! Let me know what you think 🙂