Hello Healthy Holiday Finger Food, nice to meet you!
- 2 cups gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 cups almond milk or rice milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Bring milk alternative to a boil in a pot on the stove, and cook the oatmeal and raisins until it looks like breakfast oatmeal (approx. 6-7 minutes)
- Mix cooked oatmeal with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover bowl with foil and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours overnight. (The oatmeal will then become a moldable dough-like texture.)
- The next day, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll oatmeal “dough” into small balls and place on a non-stick greased baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until outside is golden brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes on the baking pan. When cool, place on a serving dish and relish in your tasty success.
Note: these can be served as a healthy dessert or for breakfast as a pastry-like bite… mmm mmm!