This is too good. A classic Caesar salad with a kale twist that is sure to be a hit first course at your NYE gathering! (Or, if you’re like me, just a yummy lunch for yourself this afternoon).
Dairy-Free Caesar Dressing
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 4 peeled garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup silken tofu (or hummus if that’s more your thing)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1-1/2 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- sea salt to taste
Homemade Gluten-Free Croutons
- 2 pieces brown rice bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 peeled garlic cloves
- 3 bushels of kale, washed and chopped
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until crumbly, then set aside.
- Combine remaining dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Blend in with the crumbled almonds, and refrigerate dressing in a covered container for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely dice the 3 garlic cloves, and sprinkle atop the bread cubes, along with olive oil, on an oven-proof baking sheet. Allow to bake for 15 minutes.
- To prepare Insalata gran finale, place kale in a large salad bowl along with the chilled dressing (amount will vary depending upon your taste preferences.) Toss with tongs and top with croutons and fresh ground pepper. Magnifico!