It’s slightly hard for me to write this post because my photo is making me hungry. (Minor detail: I’ve already eaten 2 pieces).
- 8 brown rice lasagna noodles (I prefer Tinkyada http://www.tinkyada.com/ProList.htm)
- 2 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce (http://organicvillefoods.com/featured/tomato-basil-organic-pasta-sauce/)
- 1/2 eggplant, sliced the short way
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (http://www.daiyafoods.com/products/mozza.asp)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- olive oil to coat the pan
*tip alert* The following product was one of Oprah’s favourite things last year. I saw it and immediately fell in love. Truly life-changing. Please take a look and see for yourself how EASY lasagna making can be…
http://www.bakersedge.com/hungry.html Is that not the coolest? Sometimes I make lasagna just because I want an excuse to use my awesome pan. Fact.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Boil lasagna noodles in water for 5 minutes. Drain and let sit on a plate.
- Now is when you unleash your inner creativity! There is no right order to add your ingredients. In your non-stick pan, you may add a layer of pasta, a layer of spinach, then eggplant, sprinkle some cheese, tomato basil sauce, another layer of pasta, some more cheese, more sauce, and so forth until you run out of ingredients. Topping with eggplant makes for a nice earthy vegetable touch.
- Cover the pan with aluminium foil, and bake for 35-40 minutes until the cheese is melted, the noodles are cooked, and your kitchen smells like gluten-free, vegan heaven.
- Let sit uncovered under the broiler for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Allow the lasagna to cool for 5 minutes, then eat up, kids.
Spooning a bite out of my GF V lasagna makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. How does it make you feel??