A healthy, warm stew-like vegetable dish for a chilly fall night. Continue reading if you are intrigued…
- 10 organic washed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup fresh washed basil
- 1 cup organic washed broccoli
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 cup organic washed chopped eggplant
- 1 cup organic washed chopped green zucchini
- 1/2 cup organic diced mushrooms (any variety)
- 1/2 cup organic diced celery
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
It serves 5.
- In a large pot atop the stove, simmer tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, and celery until tomatoes become a broth-like texture (12-15 minutes on low heat)
- Add in the slower cooking vegetables (broccoli, eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms)
- Stew on low heat in a covered pot for 20 minutes
- Turn off the stove, add sea salt and pepper to taste, and let sit covered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold, with quinoa, like pasta sauce, or however your little heart desires! You can be creative about what you put in, cater to your food preferences and add whatever vegetables you want.
Not only is this a staple in our household, but it will be served as a vegan option at Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Yummmmmmmy. If you make a really cool vegetable combo, let me know. I’d love to hear!