- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups washed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 ripened avocado
- Half a pear
Mustard vinaigrette dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- And 2 tablespoons gluten-free stone ground mustard (http://organicvillefoods.com/products/condiments/stone-ground-organic-mustard/)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place quinoa and water in a saucepan over the stove. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover pan, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed. (You can also cook the quinoa in a rice cooker.)
- Slice pear and avocado into long thin pieces
- In a large bowl, toss warm quinoa and remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients into a tall cup, and stir rapidly with a fork until even consistency.
- Sprinkle mustard vinaigrette onto salad ingredients, and serve.
This fall-themed salad is great with a side of warm butternut squash soup. I’m interested to know if you try it. Happy cooking!