Are your health buds salivating yet? Mine are while I write this post and savor the last bite of my fresh baked banana nut bread.
- 1/2 cup organic buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic, gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup GF dairy-free soy-free butter (Dear “Soy Balance” — I don’t know what vegan baking would ever be without you.)
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup organic raw almonds (Trader Joe’s = your go-to nut destination)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup organic raw walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2-3 dashes of cinnamon spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix the flours and oats, along with cinnamon.
- In a blender, mix almonds, walnuts, butter, almond milk, and vanilla bean until blended and stop before it becomes a smoothie texture.
- Add in the bananas and syrup for a few seconds, so the bananas are chunky and mushed.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients thoroughly
- Pour batter evenly into two 9×5 inch greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 70 minutes, let cool for 10 minutes, then enjoy. TIP: store any leftovers in tight aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. The refrigerator will extend shelf life.
Want some more? Yes, please!!!
Helpful links / the products I use: