Makes 1 grilled quesadilla
- 1 brown rice tortilla (at room temperature)
- 1 cup peeled and cubed organic butternut squash
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves (washed)
- 1/4 to 1/2 avocado (Have you ever tried Reed avocados? Extra big, extra buttery, extra worth-it. They are only in season for a bit; Whole Foods carries them.)
- optional: 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- optional: ground cinnamon, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, sliced onion
- Roast butternut squash in an oven proof tray at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until soft, tossing once half way through. I roasted mine with olive oil and cinnamon because I'm kinda obsessed, but the squash can definitely be roasted plain if desired. Or add sea salt and fresh ground black pepper with sliced onion for some more savory flavor.
- Remove squash from oven and allow to cool for minimum 10 minutes.
- On 1/2 of the room temperature brown rice tortilla, spread squash. Use a fork to mash it up into 1 layer. Spread avocado on top using a knife, and top with spinach.
- Gently fold tortilla onto itself, and place in panini maker at high-heat for 2 minutes.
- Eat hot. Yummy dipped in Annie's organic ketchup, but then again I could probably dip anything in Annie's ketchup and like it ;) Would love to hear how you prefer it!