For the 4th of July, we went to Santa Barbara and had a beautiful farmer's market fresh healthy meal cooked by my boyfriend's mom, Debbie. She made my Tomato Basil Salad recipe, and it came out phenomenal! Part of her dinner really stood out: the Lemon Rosemary Potatoes. Everyone was obsessed, and I want to share her recipe because I think you guys will love it.
- 1-1/2 pound skinned small white potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- The rind of 2 lemons (minced)
- 1/8 cup good olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and place in 1 layer on a baking sheet. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Roast covered for 45 minutes - 1 hour, until the potatoes become soft on the inside so you can easily poke with a fork.
- Remove from oven, and add rosemary, lemon rind, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Gently toss. Bake uncovered for additional 30 minutes until golden and crisp on the outside, but soft and buttery on the inside. Flip every 10 minutes during baking with a spatula to ensure even browning.
- I know, are you drooling yet?