- 1 cup long grain brown rice (uncooked)
- 2-1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup dairy free butter of choice (such as Earth Balance)
- 1 cup chopped kale, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Place rice, water, olive oil, and sea salt in a rice cooker, and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, melt butter, and sauté with kale and minced garlic until kale is fully wilted, stirring frequently so it doesn't burn. Cover.
- Right before the rice looks done (about 10 minutes or so, when there is still water visible), mix in dried cranberries and sautéed kale/butter from step 2.
- Remove rice from heat once fully cooked and serve warm. Serving suggestion: this tastes great with avocado and tofu, and alongside candied brussels sprouts.