- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams
- about 12 brussels sprouts, rinsed and quartered
- 1/2 cup pecans (I prefer raw organic)
- 4 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Wash the sweet potatoes, and pierce skin several times with a fork.
- Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a knife can easily be inserted into them.
- When the potatoes are about 20 minutes from being done, toss the brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and place on a baking sheet in the 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove when the leaves just begin to brown and turn crispy.
- Slice the baked potatoes in half lengthwise, and use a fork to lightly soften up the insides.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with pecans, and place a quarter of the mixture on top of each open-faced potato half.
- Optional: sprinkle the tops with a bit more olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Impress your friends with this one at the next dinner party, or maybe even a Super Bowl gathering!