I remember the pre-Celiac days of CPK's Kids BBQ Chicken Pizza. My how perfect that was at the time. A baby pizza, 4 little slices of heaven. So like any other past dish I crave, I recreated my own gluten free vegan version. Below is the recipe if you want to try it too!
Makes 1 pizza, 290 calories in the entire pizza
- 1 brown rice tortilla
- 2 tablespoons gluten free BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup organic baby spinach leaves, diced
- 1/4 cup dairy free mozzarella
- 1.5 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Optional add-ins: onion, scallion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortilla on a square piece of aluminum foil.
- Spread BBQ sauce evenly around the tortilla, leaving roughly 1/2 inch along the edge.
- Combine diced spinach with your cheese, and sprinkle on top of sauce, patting down with a spoon.
- Top with tofu and any additional add-ins you prefer.
- Finish with a few dashes of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Eat while hot. OMG SO GOOD.