Makes 4-6 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus more if needed)
- 1 bag tortilla chips (I used Food Should Taste Good Multigrain chips. They are my absolute favorite.)
- 1 package medium organic tofu (pressed and drained)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and brush a large baking sheet liberally with oil.
- Using a food processor, grind the tortilla chips until finely crumbled and transfer to a pie plate.
- Slice your tofu into about 8-10 strips.
- Brush the tofu on all sides generously with olive oil. Make sure it is fully coated!
- Individually add each oiled tofu strip to the crumb mixture, and turn to coat on all sides. Press into the crumbs to help them stick, and then place each coated strip on the baking sheet.
- Once all strips are coated, bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. The crust should be golden brown and toasty! Allow to settle a few minutes before serving.
- I plated my oven "fried" tofu with steamed spinach and baby cherry tomatoes. Try dipping in your favorite sauces, too (i.e. ketchup, grain mustard, salsa, hummus, pesto...) Experiment and let me know!