- 1 package extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup cubed fresh pineapple OR 1/4 cup honey (depends how you prefer to sweeten your tofu)
- 1/4 cup gluten free low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 4 cups chopped zucchini (about 5 large zucchinis)
- Place all ingredients except tofu, sesame seeds, and zucchini in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, no chunks.
- Place the sauce plus tofu in a crockpot.
- Allow to sit and cook for about 3 hours.
- For the final 15 minutes, add in sesame seeds and zucchini.
- Serving suggestions: serve on top of pad thai noodles, quinoa, rice, or stuffed into a large sweet potato. Use any extra sauce to marinate the rice, other veggies, etc.
Here's to more setting the mood...
Maui. TAKE ME BACK! Aloha. Mahalo.