Makes 12 cookies
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips, (if you want to keep this a "raw" recipe, sub here with goji berries)
- Pulse almonds in a nut grinder until chunky flour like consistency. Do not over due it, it should be just before a fine grain.
- Using your hands, mix almond "flour" with coconut flakes, coconut oil, syrup, and vanilla. Lastly, combine in the chocolate chips.
- On a parchment paper lined sheet, form 12 small macaroon type balls, and then pat down into cookie shapes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm (if you can wait that long! I ate some of the "dough"). OOOOOHHH BOY these are tasty.