Serves 1, 340 calories in the entire deep dish cookie
- 1 small super ripe banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup quick cooking gluten free oats
- 1 tablespoon walnut halves and pieces
- 2 tablespoons raisins; (feel free to sub chocolate chips if you want to turn this into a real dessert! You can probably try blueberries here as well.)
- Optional: maple syrup and more fruit/nuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash banana, and mix with apple sauce, cinnamon, and vanilla until combined.
- Add in oats, and mix.
- Finish with walnut pieces and raisins and lightly stir.
- Spray a small baking dish or ramekin with non-stick spray. (FYI a ramekin is my new favorite baking tool for single-serving dishes.)
- Pour batter into ramekin, making sure to press down with a spoon so it's tightly packed.
- Bake for 30 minutes; (I recommend 20 minutes on the bottom rack, and the last 10 minutes on the top rack)
- Remove from oven, and either eat straight out of dish, or allow to cool for 10 minutes before using a knife to cut around edges and flip over so the deep dish cookie falls out.
- Top with maple syrup or fruit if you like. MOUTH is WATERING just thinking about how delightfully sinful this tasted. I could eat this for breakfast every day and be happy.
Eat your entire deep dish breakfast cookie for 340 calories!