Serves 1 (about 200 calories, 15 grams protein)
- 1 scoop protein powder. I used Perfect Fit Protein (organic, vanilla, 70 calories, 15 grams protein -- YEAH!)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 banana
- 1 (or 2 if you like sweeter) Truvia packet
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix protein powder, cacao powder, and Truvia until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond milk, chia seeds, and banana. Be sure to really mush the banana until it's creamy and smooth.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until uniformed texture throughout.
- Spray a small baking dish, or ramekin, very well all over with your non-stick spray. You want to see a layer of the spray, do not be shy here.
- Pour your batter into the small baking dish, and allow to bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool for 2 minutes, and then flip your small baking dish upside-down onto a plate. Tap the base with your hand until the "soufflé" falls right out. (Or you can skip this step all together and simply eat right our of the small baking dish.)
- I topped with dairy free whip cream and some gluten free sprinkles to really spice up that dessert flare!
This was the perfect post-workout snack. I felt the protein going straight to my muscles!!
The heat inside the soufflé melted the whip cream and made a whip cream waterfall LOL.