This entire recipe has 275 calories in it. You know what that means, right? Eat an entire stack of chocolate chip banana pancakes all for under 275 calories. Could you think of anything more appealing? I could, but the list of things is very short.
Serves 1 (275 calories)
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour; (or take old fashioned oats and pulse them in a food processor until you have 1/3 cup oat flour.)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 tbs dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup filtered water, (or almond milk - add 10 calories)
- optional topping: 1 tbs maple syrup - add 50 calories
- In a small bowl, mix together vanilla, mashed banana, and water.
- In a separate small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the liquid, and stir until your batter is formed.
- Heat a pan on medium-low over the stove with some non-stick spray.
- Using a spoon, place batter on the pan to make about 9 x 3-inch circles.
- Allow to cook for 1.5 minute or so, and then flip. Cook 2nd side for 1 minute.
- Keep your pancakes warm in a heated oven or covered until you are ready to eat your entire stack!
- Feel free to top with some drizzles of maple syrup and a few more slices of banana. Sprinkle several additional chocolate chips for decoration. Oh food, glorious food... name that tune :)
Also, I've added a "print" button to the bottom of my posts so you can easily print out recipes!