This entire recipe has 275 calories in it. You know what that means, right? If you want, you can eat a whole stack of chocolate chip banana pancakes for breakfast.
Serves 1 (275 calories)
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour; (or take old fashioned oats and pulse them in a food processor until you have 1/3 cup oat flour.)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbs dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup filtered water, (or unsweetened vanilla almond milk - add 10 calories)
- optional topping: 1 tbs maple syrup - add 50 calories
- In a small bowl, mix together vanilla, mashed banana, and water.
- In a separate small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the liquid, and stir until your batter is formed.
- Heat a pan on medium-low over the stove with non-stick spray.
- Using a spoon, and in increments depending on the size of your pan, make 9 x 3-inch pancakes.
- Allow the first side to cook for 1.5 minutes or so, and then flip. Cook the second side for 1 minute.
- Feel free to top with drizzles of maple syrup and a few more slices of banana. Sprinkle several additional chocolate chips for decoration. Oh food, glorious food...