Pizza in a sweet potato, because why not. And at under 400 calories per entire "pizza", you can feel good about it, too.
- 3 medium garnet yams or sweet potatoes, washed
- 2 green zucchini, washed and sliced into circles
- 1 skinny long Chinese eggplant, washed and sliced into circles. (Other forms of eggplant of course work, too!)
- 1 cup marinara sauce, (or make your own like I did using 1/4 cup strained tomatoes, 1 cup fresh basil leaves, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar!)
- 1/2 cup Daiya mozzarella shreds
- Bake sweet potatoes in a 450 degree oven for an hour.
- Meanwhile, spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and sauté your zucchini and eggplant for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Once potatoes are cooked and tender, remove from oven, split open, and stuff each with your sautéed veggies. Top with tomato sauce and cheese.
- Broil in the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese just starts to golden.
- Serve immediately, which I do not believe you will have a problem with :)