Sometimes, mornings are rough. Who relates? LOL. That's when my 5-Day Oatmeal Casserole Bake comes into action... First of all, save time in the early AM by having this dessert-tasting breakfast on hand and ready-to-go in your refrigerator. Second of all, this is so tasty that it is motivation to get out of bed and eat yo' breakfast!!!
Makes 5 servings
- 2 cups gluten free oats. (I used McCaan's Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal. You can also try Bob's Red Mills old fashioned oats!)
- 4 cups unsweetened plain almond, coconut, or rice milk.
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Using a 9-inch square baking dish, pour in oats, milk, raisins, and syrup. Mix/stir until combined.
- Cover baking dish with tinfoil, and place in oven. Allow to bake for 1 hour. It is fully self contained so feel free to walk the dog, do some abs, or catch up on the latest episode of Modern Family while your casserole bakes.
- After an hour, remove from oven, remove tinfoil, and lightly mix the oatmeal, which will now be creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the frozen berries.
- Place oatmeal in a tightly sealed tupperware, and refrigerate until ready to eat. Scoop out your serving as necessary, day by day. It is really quiet delicious chilled, as your can truly taste the raisin sweetness and the berry tartness. Aaaand it will stay good all week; the flavors intensify as the week goes on!
Morning - here we come to seize the daaaayyy! (If that made you think of "Liar Liar" - I think I love you.)