I love eating a fresh homemade salad especially because I know every single ingredient that is going inside my mouth. This easy roasted vegetable salad is one of my favorites. And with 200 calories in the entire recipe, if you are a salad-person, you simply must try!
- 6 stalks of asparagus, washed
- 2 cups eggplant cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons bagged chopped sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 3 cup fresh chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons scooped out avocado
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- A drop of lemon juice
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay asparagus, eggplant and bell pepper in a single layer on the tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your dressing by whisking up balsamic, dijon, and lemon juice. Place your sun-dried tomatoes in the dressing to soak up the juicyness. Chill until needed.
- After the veggies are done baking, chop asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Place romaine on a plate, and top with roasted veggies, avocado, and dressing/sun-dried tomatoes.
- Eat now. Or pack up for later :)