THIS.IS.A.MUST. Creamy Alfredo sauce packed with vegan protein, over gluten free penne, and some greens. Done.
- 1/2 package firm tofu, drained, cubed, and soaked overnight in 1/4 cup gluten free Tamari and 1/2 cup lemon juice; (soaking overnight is optional, but intensifies the flavor and I highly recommend!)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- Drain and dry tofu.
- Mix all ingredients together in a Magic Bullet, which just happens to be my new favorite tool. A blender will work too. This creates your Alfredo sauce!
- Place sauce in a small pan over the stove. Cover, put to medium-low heat, and allow to sit while you cook your pasta and steam your greens. As shown in the pics, I cooked Penne al dente and steamed broccoli.
- Toss the warm sauce over the cooked pasta with greens, and ta-dah. YUM.
Your soaked tofu.
Protein-packed creamy Alfredo!
Toss Alfredo with penne and streamed broccoli, and add red pepper flakes (optional.)