Um, yum? Avocado anything, right? Right.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup brown rice bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In flat bowl or dish, combine rice crumbs, garlic powder, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Peel, core, and slice the avocado into quarters, and then slice each quarter in half.
- Using your finger, spread coconut oil on the avocado pieces, and then dip and roll the avocado around in the crumb mixture until completely covered.
- Place on a tinfoil covered baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip the pieces over, and sprinkle any remaining coconut oil on the fries.
- Bake for additional 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, mine of which is Annie's ketchup. (Close family members may recall that as a kid, I put ketchup on everything edible; pasta, soup, watermelon... was interesting.)
Start with a beautifully ripe avocado.
Spread coconut oil around each avocado slice, and then cover with the crumbs.
Bake in oven for 10 minutes, flip, sprinkle any leftover coconut oil, and bake for additional 10 minutes.