Andddd I'm back. In celebration, please try this recipe over the weekend. In true Kale With Love fashion, my Italian Quesadillas fuse 2 food worlds together into 1 gluten free vegan magical experience. Yes, magical.
By the way, these babies remind me of my Taco Pizza!
- 2 brown rice tortillas. (Trader Joe's also makes their own brand version of these.)
- 1/4 cup your favorite tomato sauce. Marinara fits like a glove for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup Daiya Mozzarella Shreds
- Note: if tortillas are in the refrigerator or freezer, allow them to sit out until completely room-temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place one room-temperature tortilla flat on a baking tray.
- Gently spread tomato sauce along the inside area of tortilla using a knife.
- Distribute cheese.
- Place the 2nd tortilla on top so you almost have a pizza-sandwich.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes, then carefully cut into fourths using a sharp knife.
Ta-da!!! Italian Quesadilla. Also, for those careful readers who noticed there are only 3 Italian Quesadillas in the first picture... well, it's obvious that I ate one before my photo-shoot, right?
I love hearing your interesting food fusions as well if you'd like to share!
This recipe is approved by Nutrition Stylist Dana Kofsky www.nutritionstyles.com