I was asked for some Kale With Love Easter recipe ideas. Thus, I now present to you my dessert-like Honey Baked Tofu recipe with a tart and tangy Strawberry Quinoa! (Kale included, folks.)
- 2 packages extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup quinoa (any variety)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 4 cups frozen organic strawberries
- 3 handfuls of chopped kale
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil (or another oil for non-sticking purposes)
- Press tofu in between 2 plates so as to drain the moisture out. Allow to press for minimum 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each block of tofu width-wise into 4 square slices total.
- Grease an oven tray with coconut oil.
- Place the pressed tofu slices on a dry plate, and marinate with the honey. Use your fingers to glide the honey along every which way of the tofu so that each side is honey-ed. (You may get a little sticky here, but it's fun!)
- Lay the honey-ed tofu on the non-stick baking tray, and pour any reside honey from the plate on top.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice on the tofu and tray.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Broil for additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip tofu, and broil on opposite side for a final 2 minutes.
- While the tofu is-a-baking, boil your filtered water, and add in the quinoa. Reduce heat to simmer, cover pot, and allow to sit until cooked and fluffy, (around 12 minutes.) Add the frozen strawberries and kale to the pot about 8 minutes in.
I served my Strawberry Quinoa over my Honey Baked Tofu, and it was a beautiful presentation! Let me know if you cook this option for Easter!! :)