- 1 washed apple, your favorite variety. I tend to always go for Pink Lady, Fuji, and Gala.
- 1-1/2 tablespoon almond butter. I use no-salt organic and raw almond butter -- tastes fabulous. (Trader Joe's and Whole Foods both carry different versions of this; try to opt for the ones whose only ingredient is almonds.)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Core your apple, and slice off the top rim (about 1 centimeter.)
- Place in a baking dish, and sprinkle apple insides with cinnamon.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and using a spoon, allow almond butter to fall through the cored part of the apple. Spread any remaining almond butter on the top surface.
- Place rim back on the base, and slice your makeshift apple pie any which way you prefer. You can get ooey gooey and eat with your fingers. Personally I like using a fork and knife. As always, be creative... everything tastes better that way :)
This recipe is approved by Dana Kofsky, Nutrition Stylist http://www.nutritionstyles.com/