It's been busy and exciting times over here at Kale With Love. Lots of cool specialties coming down the pipe! We can start here with Mini Polenta Lasagnas. These are too easy not to make, and too tasty not to eat. And if you have not heard of polenta before, consider this your introduction... full of nutrition and LOVE just for you :)
- 1/2 tube basil garlic polenta; Whole Foods and Trader Joe's sell pre-made polenta tubes. SO CONVENIENT.
- 1 cup marinara sauce; as you may know, my absolute favorite is Rao's Marinara.
- 1 green zucchini, washed
- 1 yellow zucchini, washed
- Optional: 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice polenta into thin rounds, (about 1 centimeter thick.)
- Slice green and yellow zucchini widthwise into skinny slices.
- Layer each polenta round with 1-2 green slices and 1-2 yellow slices.
- Optional: Top with basil leaves.
- Distribute a spoon of marinara sauce on top of each stack; continue distributing until no sauce is left.
- Place each "lasagna" on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Cook under broiler for additional 2 minutes, and then sprinkle with fresh black ground pepper.
- Serve sizzling hot, possibly with a side of kale. Thoughts??