You either love or hate Brussels sprouts, right? The lovers and haters universally adorn this recipe. Guaranteed. A must-try. As soon as I finished my photo-shoot with these babies, I was popping them in my mouth as if they were M&M’s! Seriously! (They are much better for you than M&M’s, though, that I promise).
- 12 or so Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, safflower oil, or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice each Brussels sprout in half using a sharp knife, and set in a deep bowl.
- Mix olive oil, balsamic, mustard, and juice of ½ the lemon until consistent dressing texture. You can use a food processor or shake vigorously in a covered jar.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of dressing for later. Distribute remaining dressing on spouts, and mix thoroughly but lightly with your hands, so all sprouts are marinated.
- Lay them flat on a baking pan, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, toss them around, and add in your 2 tablespoons of dressing that you set aside. Toss again.
- Roast in the oven for additional 10 minutes at 250 degrees.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with juice from remaining lemon halves, and serve hot.
- You can also refrigerate these and toss them in a chilled salad the next day!
Who thought Brussels sprouts could taste so good??
This recipe is approved by Dana Kofsky, Nutrition Stylist http://www.nutritionstyles.com/