Are you looking for a fun healthy dish to cook this weekend that will "wow" your guests? Drum roll please... a gluten free pizza using sweet potato for the crust! Oh, and clearly we've got some kale going on here, too!
- 4 sweet potatoes, washed
- 2-1/2 cups quinoa flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water, chilled
- 1 head of kale, washed, stemmed, and chopped
- 5 Roma tomatoes, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cook sweet potatoes in a 400 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and once cooled, remove skin; (it should peel right off.)
- Mash sweet potatoes with a masher; you should yield about 2 cups.
- Combine mashed sweet potatoes in a large bowl with quinoa flour, 2 tbsp. olive oil, and water. Mix thoroughly either in a food processor or knead with your hands to form dough.
- Roll dough into a circular pizza crust shape onto a nonstick pizza tray; (I made 1 large pizza, but you can make 2 or 3 smaller ones if you'd like.)
- Bake crust at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- While the crust is baking, soak kale with lemon juice from your lemon.
- Stir remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with minced garlic, and spread evenly on baked crust.
- Distribute lemon marinated kale and tomatoes, and bake for additional 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Once ready, remove from oven and let cool. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, slice, and serve your gourmet pizza!
Will you be rooting for the Patriots or the Giants while you enjoy your heart-healthy pizza? Or maybe you won't be watching the Super Bowl Sunday afternoon, but instead in yoga practice ... just saying. Peace and love foodie friends!