Like every recipe we do over here at Kale With Love, this is a classic with a healthy twist. If you are a fan of chocolate, I suggest you read on...
Makes 12 Almond Butter Cups
- Use muffin liners as if making muffins in a muffin tray.
- Place 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a bowl placed atop a pot of boiling water. Stir gently. This will melt your chocolate.
- Distribute a small spoon of melted chocolate in each muffin liner. Use knife to spread evenly.
- Allow to cool and harden in refrigerator for minimum 15 minutes.
- Once hardened, scoop 1/2 tablespoon of raw almond butter in the center of each cup.
- Melt remaining chocolate, and cover each cup completely. Again, lightly use a knife to spread evenly.
- Optional: place 1 or 2 almonds on top of each cup.
- Place cups in refrigerator for minimum 30 minutes. Once hardened and cooled, remove muffin liners, and relish in the delicacy of this home-cooked healthy treat. Oh boy almond butter is tasty. Maybe I'll give these out for Halloween this year... Thoughts?