Serves 1 couple.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash the beets, and trim the ends off.
- Place beets in a roasting pan, and cover with foil not allowing the foil to touch the beets.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in filtered water until al dente, (roughly 7 minutes.)
- Drain water in colander, and set pasta back in pan.
- Add in butter, and cover.
- When beets are softened, remove skins, which will easily slip off, and place skinned beets in your colander over the pan of pasta and butter.
- The ruby red beet juice will drain into the pan. Dice beets, and compress with your hands for more juice. (Careful, beet juice is intense and can stain!)
- When you've "juiced" it all up, mix pasta with beet butter sauce.
- Serve warm. The extreme thought that went into this pasta bowl in order to make it Valentine's Day color appropriate, might just tickle-him-pink.