This perfectly satisfying combination of roasted and raw vegetables, fresh herbs, essential oils, and whole-grains is guarenteed to make your skin glow, your eyes sparkle, and your body happy. Give my Beauty Balance Bowl a try, and experience the benefits for yourself!
- 1 large eggplant, washed and sliced lengthwise into thin pieces
- 1 cucumber, washed and sliced widthwise into thin circles, and then halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, washed and diced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, removed from stem and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil; (I prefer the taste of this one from Greece, sold at Whole Foods.)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup brown rice; (I used short grain, but long works, too!)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Boil rice in 2 cups filtered water according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a deep pot over the stove, cook eggplant slices in boiling water for 10 minutes until tender.
- Drain, and place tender slices in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes, tossing twice.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Add eggplant and toss.
- Serve eggplant salad over brown rice, or refrigerate eggplant mixture for minimum 5 hours, and serve chilled over warm rice... I served mine chilled, and t'was ideal. Please do let me know what you do!