- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained, sliced down the width, cut into squares, and then halved to form triangles
- 2 red bell peppers, washed, cored, seeded, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green zucchini squash, washed, cut widthwise into small circles
- 1 lemon
- Optional: your favorite lettuce or mixed greens
- 6 wooden or metal skewers. (I purchased bamboo skewers from my local Whole Foods.)
- Place cut tofu on a baking dish. Squeeze lemon juice on top.
- Put baking dish under broiler for 10 minutes.
- Remove tofu from broiler, flip so the reverse sides are facing up, and add remaining vegetables.
- Cook under broiler for additional 5 minutes until vegetables just start to brown.
- Remove from oven, and when cool enough to touch, place broiled ingredients one by one on the skewers. My pattern went like this: tofu, red pepper, zucchini. Feel free to cater to your mood!
- I served these over a bed of mixed greens with tangy bbq sauce on the side. I'd love to hear what you'd do!