Greetings foodie friends. I am now officially at www.kalewithlove.com !! Thank you all for continuing to visit my site, and for sharing the love =) On that note, I believe an innovative kale post is in order today...
- 1 piece gluten free millet bread
- 1 handful of washed, stemmed, and chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons homemade pesto or you can find pre-made fresh pesto at Whole Foods.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place kale on one side of bread.
- Spread pesto on top of kale, and press the kale down into the bread so it flattens a little.
- Finish with balsamic, and you will see the vinegar soak into the bread.
- Place bread with toppings on a sheet of tinfoil in the oven. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Once toasted, remove from tinfoil, and allow to cool for 5 minutes. So good, you have no idea!! I ate mine with a fork and savored every bite. I would love to hear if you're going to try kale this way, too!