Why yes please, I would in fact like some pasta with creamy avocado pesto sauce. Thank you for asking!
Makes 4 servings (293 calories/serving)
- 4 servings gluten free quinoa spaghetti
- 1 ripe LARGE avocado, pit removed (or 2 smaller avocados)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 cup washed broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper and lemon zest (from your lemon!) to taste
- Boil spaghetti in water according to package instructions. Add in broccoli for the last 5 minutes.
- While the spaghetti and broccoli are cooking, place avocado flesh, basil leaves, lemon juice, garlic, and sea salt in a food processor. Process until creamy and smooth.
- Drain spaghetti and broccoli in a colander. Place in a serving dish, and toss with your homemade "green" avocado pesto sauce. If you feel it needs more avocado flesh, mush some up in a bowl and add it in here. Top with black pepper and lemon zest.