- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained, and with the water pressed out
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 container hummus. (Careful, this one from Sabra has a slight lemony flavor and is addicting!)
- Optional: rainbow chard to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tofu in half width wise so that you have 2 squares, then cut each square into 4 smaller squares, and then cut each smaller square in half to make triangles. You'll have 16 triangles in the end. (Woo, math is fun.)
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Using a small knife, cover an entire triangle with hummus, and then dip in breadcrumbs so all sides are coated. Place on a non-stick tray. Repeat until all triangles are finished.
- Bake tofu triangles for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, delicately flip over so opposite sides are on top, and bake for additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and firm up. Serve over a bed of sauteed chard, which I like to refer to as Kale's fraternal twin :) Enjoy!