- 1 package brown rice penne noodles
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, or 8 large Roma tomatoes (washed)
- 5 cups cut broccoli florets (washed)
- 1 cup Daiya mozzarella shreds
- 3 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a skillet over high heat, sauté tomatoes and olive oil.
- After 5 minutes, when tomatoes look wrinkly, turn heat off, and crush/pop tomatoes with a fork until sauce like texture forms.
- Add chopped basil, diced garlic, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper, then cover over low heat until called for.
Directions for Noodles:
- Boil water in a large pot over the stove.
- Cook noodles and broccoli in boiling water for 7-8 minutes, until noodles are al dente.
- Drain in a colander.
Directions for Baked Ziti:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine penne/broccoli with all tomato sauce, except for 2 tablespoons, which will come into use later.
- Pour mixture into a non-stick 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Layer mozzarella shreds on top, like so:
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove pan from oven, spread remaining 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce over the cheese, and place back in oven. Bake for additional 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve hot, and toast your footsies up! By the way, do your fuzzy socks resemble these by any chance? :)