- 4 cups fresh brussel sprouts, washed
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups whole cranberries, washed
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a deep pot over the stove, cook cranberries, orange juice, and apple juice on high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, add pecans, and continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes. Cover until ready to serve.
- Add brussel sprouts, oil, and vinegar in a skillet over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce to medium heat, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover with lid, and allow sprouts to soften for 15 minutes. Cover until ready to serve.
- Combine sauce and sprouts in a shallow bowl/platter, then serve your guests the colors and spirit of this holiday season in the form of real food. Let me know what everyone thinks!