- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat sweet potatoes with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and cook in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half, and scoop out a small hole in the middle. Note: cut the edges off as well so the potatoes can stand up.
- Toss broccoli with remaining olive oil, sliced almonds, and lemon zest.
- Stuff each sweet potato cavity with the broccoli mixture, and bake in oven for additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
Comment if you can relate...