As always, made with love ... ♥ The secret here is a good panini maker!
- 3 cups washed and cut kale
- 1 washed eggplant sliced and cut into fourths
- 1 washed zucchini squash sliced and halved
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 10 washed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon
- Turn the stove to low heat, and place kale, basil, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan. Cover, and allow to sit for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Rub eggplant and zucchini with remaining olive oil, and grill in panini maker, or on an actual grill, for 5 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the sauteed basil kale, grilled veggies, sliced avocado, tomatoes, balsamic, and garnish with lemon.