- 1 butternut squash
- 3 cups kale
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- cinnamon spice
peel and cube the butternut squash:
- Using a sharp knife, cut off roughly 1/4 inch from the bottom of the squash as well as 1/4 inch from the stem.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel off the outer layer of the squash in downward strokes.
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove seeds. (Note: these seeds can be used as you would pumpkin seeds for another recipe!)
- Proceed with cutting the squash into lengthwise slices about 1/4 inch thick. Then make crosswise cuts to make cubes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Distribute cubed butternut squash in a pan with sprinkled cinnamon and sesame oil.
- Allow squash to cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, combine kale, raisins, olive oil, and sesame seeds in a bowl. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator.
- When the squash is cooked, place in a serving dish with the sesame kale salad and feel the power of the green! Do you love the versatility of K*A*L*E* as much as I do? YUM!