- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 7 washed apples, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scooped out
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup hot water
- Soak chia seeds in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Process almonds in food processor until a course almond flour is apparent.
- Add dates and coconut oil, and process with almond flour until the mixture forms dough.
- Press dough into a pie pan like so:
- Stir vanilla bean and soaked chia seeds with juice of half the lemon. Spread this chia mix evenly atop your crust and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- After refrigeration, toss sliced apples in a bowl with remaining lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Assemble flavored sliced apples as the final layer on your crust, and there you have it! You've made your own raw apple pie. You may find that serving this healthy dessert at your NYE party will be a gift for your comrades, and for you as well! Chia on my friends, chia on.