- 1-1/2 pounds yukon potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small white onion, peeled and grated
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, washed and minced
- 1/4 cup gluten free multi-purpose flour. (Here is the option I prefer.)
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder. (Try this one.)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- canola oil for frying
- Grate potatoes into a colander that is placed over a large bowl.
- Use your hands to drain out the excess liquid from the potatoes. Toss-out the liquid when done.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl, and mix in onion, garlic, parsley, gluten free flour, baking powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Take a handful of the potato mixture, flatten it, and gently place on hot oil. Flip to the other side after 3 minutes. Continue this process with remaining potato batter, adding more oil as deemed fit.
- Remove the cooked latkes onto a paper towel and let sit for 2 minutes, and then allocate on a serving dish as you like, or like so.
You may find that they are rather tempting and divine with a scoop of applesauce ... mmm!! I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS (AND MY BIRTHDAY)! Don't you??