- 1 washed leek with roots discarded, cut width-wise into 1-inch long pieces
- 1 washed white onion, sliced
- 3 washed red potatoes
- 1 cup washed baby carrots
- 1 washed Italian squash, cut width-wise into 1-inch long pieces
- 4 cups vegetable broth. (I used this one.)
- 2 slices gluten free brown rice bread, diced. (You can try my go-to Food For Life loaf, sold at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon washed parsley, minced
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large pot over the stove, combine broth and vegetable ingredients and cover.
- Let liquid and vegetables cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- While the soup is brewing, lightly pat the bread pieces with olive oil, and place on an oven tray under the broiler for 5-6 minutes to make your croutons.
- Sprinkle croutons, parsley, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper on soup, and distribute to guests. What are you planning to serve after the soup? Healthy, hearty, and happy holidays!